MedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Psychiatric registered nurse (RN) for a travel assignment with one of our top healthcare clients.
Benefits of being a MedPro Employee
- The MedPro Experience program we embrace and celebrate all our healthcare professionals!
- Immediate access to the industry's best recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Flexible scheduling around your needs
- Private housing or housing allowance
- Group Health insurance benefits from Aetna
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Full travel reimbursement
- Licensure assistance and reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Referral Bonus
Duties & Responsibilities:
Psychiatric Nurses (RN) provide care for patients with mental health issues. They are experts in assessing, diagnosing and treating people with psychiatric problems. Mental health nurses work as part of a team to provide total medical care for the patient
- Assess the mental health status of patients with behavioral challenges.
- Collaborate with medical providers and mental health staff in the design and delivery of patient care.
- Administer and monitor effectiveness and side-effects of psychotropic medications.
- Assist patients, and families as appropriate, to interpret and manage maladaptive behaviors and to plan healthy lifestyle changes.
- Exercise balanced judgement in evaluation situations and making decisions to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a professional manner.
- Active RN License
- Degree from accredited nursing program
- BLS Certifications
- Two years of recent experience in an Acute Care Psychiatric setting
MedPro Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions, subject to the legitimate business requirements of MedPro or its clients, are based solely on the individual s qualifications, merit and performance without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Key words: Registered Nurse, RN, Psychiatric, Travel Nurse, Contract Nurse, Agency Nurse, Agency RN, RN-Psych, RN-Psychiatric, Travel RN, Contract, Nursing, RN Psych, RN Psychiatric Travel Nursing
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, ccu, intensive care, maternal, mhb, nurse, psychatric, surgical, unit