The Data and Applications Specialist will be part of a team that is engaged in efforts to design, develop, implement and support applications and datasets across the enterprise. The Data and Applications specialist will be expected to implement robust business applications and solutions.
The Data and Applications Specialist will be expected to maintain awareness of new technologies and best practices. This position requires that you must be adept at problem solving, interpersonal relations and have excellent oral/written communication skills. The Data and Applications Specialist will be expected to contribute with hands on development.
* Reading, transforming and analyzing data
* Maintaining datasets according to best practices
* Producing reports using SQL Server, SSIS and Tableau
* Interfacing with processes and applications via multiple methods (SQL, FTP, API, etc.)
* Translate business needs into technical requirements
* Work with team to implement solutions
* Data and Report Validation
* Ad-hoc work as required
* Minimum 2-3 years of experience in SQL Server design and development as well as SSIS package development
* Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Integration experience (API/Web Service/ETL/Batch)
* Extensive knowledge of T-SQL programming including writing complex queries, stores procedures and functions
* Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
* Experience with SSAS a plus
* Business Intelligence design and development a plus (preferably using Tableau)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university. SDL2017