SR Project Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our client is one of the nation-s largest privately held, non-bank lenders. We specialize in facilitating and securing home mortgage financial solutions through our retail and wholesale channels.
Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Our client is seeking a highly qualified Senior Project Manager to perform a lead role in managing the implementation of enterprise software solutions. The selected Project Manager must maintain control of project schedule, quality, budget and risk issues. The candidate must:
* Facilitate timely decisions to maintain project schedule, quality and budget.
* Provide management with regular project updates, maintain trusting relationships, identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance.
* Supervise and mentor junior staff for both project and career growth, and make staff development recommendations.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
* Lead large complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
* Strong project management process
* Execution knowledge in defining, understanding and managing scope and solution and related issues.
* Estimates, planning work breakdown structure (WBS), base-lining project plans and tracking projects estimate variances.
* Monthly revisions to rolling forecast (month over month) of project expenses and variances with allocated budgets and tracking any variances in monthly expenditure & understanding impacts to forecast.
* Managing cross-application test planning, execution & status reporting.
* Understanding qualitative and quantitative benefits of the projects and impact to benefits due to changes and issues.
* Understanding drivers for change and managing a change (scope / schedule / cost / benefits / quality).
* Understanding / defining stake holder expectations, issue escalation paths and managing the project communications / change communications at appropriate levels / intervals to proactively mitigate potential new issues due to communication fall-out.
* Responsible for coordinating with other teams and application areas as necessary to resolve schedule and other interdependency challenges.
* Provides subject matter expertise in areas including program management, project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other project management areas.
* Drives risk/issue resolution, and appropriate escalations.
* Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
* Effective communication of IT changes / issues / risks / mitigation / action plans.
* Effective planning / management of meetings & tracking of minutes / action items to closure.
* Strong understanding of variations between release management & project management.
* Effectively manage/direct cross-application, cross-functional and cross-segment teams.
* Develop and manages IT/business plans to achieve objectives.
* Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the IT / business.
* Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
* Influencing senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and approaches.
* Understanding of IT Project life cycles, artifacts & versioning and key-stake holder signoffs.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
* Undergraduate degree with 5 to 7+ years of Technical and non-Technical Project Management experience in a large enterprise environment.
* 7 to 10 Years of IT experience in all aspects of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application development.
* Ability to influence decisions from top down and bottom up.
* Solid analytical, problem-solving and financial analysis skills.
* Proficiency in computer software including MS Project, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Working knowledge of: Standard business process knowledge in the mortgage practice.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES or REGISTRATIONS:
* PMP certification a plus
Our team is experienced in implementing change for internal mortgage banking clients that are challenging, dynamic, and have multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. Successful candidate will possess:
* Problem solving ability to analyze and challenge conventional thought processes and use experience and/or intuition to create pragmatic solutions
* Demonstrate a flexible mindset by adapting to and helping drive change
* Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
* Demonstrating a positive attitude and standing firm
* Basic understanding of SQL or similar analytical toolset
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and excellent data analytic skills
* Ability to allocate time efficiently; handle multiple demands and competing priorities
* Ability to thrive under production pressure and deadlines
* Strong communication (verbal and written), time management skills, fast learner, self- motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to be a persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the leadership team and communicate project management and business analysis related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical employees
* Mortgage practice experience a must specifically in the retail space
* Experience with Microsoft project
* Exposure to multiple PM methodologies
*For immediate consideration; please send resumes directly to email@example.com*
- provided by Dice
Loading some great jobs for you...