Manager, Information Development
San Diego, CA
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Information Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is looking for a manager for the Information Development team to work in our San Diego, CA office. The Info Dev team is made up of experienced and effective technical writers. We are looking for someone who can jump in and help us keep our well-oiled machine running. The best person for the job is someone who is experienced writing in an Agile development environment, and who has a strong history of advocating for writers while maintaining a positive and supportive relationship with cross-functional team members.
What you get to do in this role:
* Work closely with Information Development leadership team to plan how to distribute resources effectively across scrum teams and be able to adjust when unexpected projects arise.
* Collaborate with other content-producing teams to share knowledge and avoid duplicating efforts.
* Check in regularly with development team managers to get feedback and, if necessary, help course correct to get deliverables back on track.
* Meet one-on-one with each direct report on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
* Conduct quarterly performance-related conversations with team members, provide feedback about areas of improvement, and recognize outstanding efforts.
* Recruit excellent team members who are not only solid information developers, but who work well with the rest of the team.
* When required, support the team in the development of product documentation for current and future releases of our product.
* Review content on a regular basis, provide feedback on progress, adherence to standards, and overall completeness.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* BS/BA in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience, with 5+ years of experience writing software documentation for a technical audience.
* 3+ years of team management experience.
* Strong background in HTML, XML, and DITA.
* High level of creativity, flexibility, and dependability, and the ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of structured task-based writing is a plus.
* Experience with scripting, APIs, and integrations is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of documenting complex administration systems processes in a SAAS environment.
* Proven experience relating to different levels of the organization and working effectively with peers.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.